The Best Prawn Pasta Recipe
My Favourite Prawn Pasta!
This is a staple in my house. I originally discovered it thanks to my sister’s boyfriend who is an amazing cook. He sent me the recipe and I’ve been making it ever since. I’ve simplified it somewhat since he would recommend getting a wide variety of seafood from the fish markets and I only have the energy to Instacart frozen prawns (because #mumlife). I also love that all the ingredients in this recipe are staples in my fridge and pantry so I can usually make it at a moment’s notice if I’ve had a bad meal prepping week!
I love that you can also substitute the pasta for any type of pasta or even cauliflower rice. Sometimes I use gluten free pasta, sometimes fresh pasta, or whole wheat! And you could use any seafood of choice too.
I really hope you enjoy it! Please let me know how it turned out! xx
-4 cloves of garlic
-Chilli flakes to taste
-Bunch of Parsley
-1 cup white wine
-Pasta of choice
-1 bag of frozen prawns/shrimp
-Good quality Olive Oil
-Salt and Pepper
1. Defrost and de-shell frozen prawns, put aside.
2. Boil water and add pasta per cooking instructions. Once cooked, drain (reserving the pasta water) and put aside.
3. Dice the onion, garlic and parsley stems and put together in a small bowl.
4. Chop the parsley leaves, zest the lemon and then juice the lemon.
5. Get a large sauté pan on a medium high heat and add a good glug of oil of choice (I love avocado oil!)
6. Sauté the onion, garlic, parsley stems and chili flakes until softened.
7. Turn to high, add wine and stir until almost evaporated.
8. Add the prawns and stir until they are pink and cooked through.
9. Add cooked pasta and 1 cup of reserved pasta water, stir.
10. Add in lemon zest, juice and most of the parsley (saving some for garnish) and stir for about a minute.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Serve topped with grated parmesan, drizzled olive oil and chopped parsley.