My Healthy and Easy Potato and Sweet Potato Fries
If there was only one food I could eat for the rest of my life, it would be potatoes.
Who’s with me???
I love potatoes in any form. Potato fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, hash browns, boiled potatoes…the list goes on. But probably my favourite at the moment is potato fries.
So instead of following my craving all the way to a fast food store, I love making my own potato (and sweet potato) fries. They are healthy and EASY. If you know me by now, you know I like to simplify things because ‘aint no body got time to be peeling potatoes and making perfect shaped fries.
Here is my fool proofed way to make delicious fries (potato or sweet potato!).
I do one potato per person (it’s so easy to over eat potatoes in this way so sticking to one per person is best).
- Give your potatoes a scrub and wash with this amazing Vege Cloth (it makes washing fruit and veggies so easy…good bye paper towels!!!).
- Cut up your potatoes into fries (no need to peel or cut into perfect shapes…who has time for that when you have children hanging off your legs screaming?).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (do not line if using sweet potato, just put straight onto tray).
- Add fries in a single layer.
- Place about three tsps of coconut oil over the potato.
- Generously season with salt – I use this Pink Himalayan Sea Salt from Amazon (and if you’re feeling fancy add some fresh cut up rosemary!).
- Place in oven at 200C/400F for about 30-40 mins or until golden and crispy (after a minute the coconut will be melted so just give the potatoes a stir to make sure they are all covered with oil).
They really couldn’t be easier, and I’m telling you, every time I make them I say to my hubby “I’ve done it again, these taste amazing!”
Not to toot my own horn but they’re pretty bloody good!
I can’t wait to hear what you think. Let me know please! xx