My Favorite Chia Seed Pudding Recipes!
Chia seed puddings are always my go to. They are healthy, quick and everyone loves them! Chia seeds are such a fun ingredient to work with. They are also among the healthiest foods on the planet. Loaded with nutrients, they have important benefits for your body and brain.
(FYI this post contains affiliate links to make shopping for products and resources I use easy for you to find!)
Here are 7 health benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories! They’re loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
- Chia seeds are high in antioxidants that help protect the delicate fats in the seeds. They also have various benefits for health.
- Almost all of the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber. This gives them the ability to absorb 10–12 times their weight in water. Fiber also has various beneficial effects on health.
- Chia seeds are high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods. Protein is the most weight loss friendly macronutrient and can drastically reduce appetite and cravings.
- Chia seeds may lower your risk of heart disease (however studies on the effects of chia seeds on heart disease risk factors are inconclusive. Some studies suggest benefits, others do not.)
- Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein. All of these nutrients are essential for bone health.
- Studies show that chia seeds may lower the rise in blood sugar after a high-carb meal, possibly benefiting people with type 2 diabetes.
Chia Seeds are incredibly easy to incorporate into your diet.
I use them at least once a day! The seeds themselves taste rather bland, so you can add them to pretty much anything. They also don’t need to be ground, which makes them much easier to prepare. They can be eaten raw, soaked in juice, added to porridge, pudding, smoothies or added to baked goods.
You can also sprinkle them on top of cereal, yogurt, vegetables or rice dishes. Because of their ability to absorb both water and fat, they can be used to thicken sauces and as egg substitutes in recipes. They can also be mixed with water and turned into a gel. Adding chia seeds to recipes will dramatically boost their nutritional value.
Try these Chia Seeds from Amazon!
I always add them to smoothies but my favorite thing to do with them is make chia seed puddings. They are SO easy, quick and taste delicious!!! You can also check out my ‘Easy Overnight Oats’ for another way to use chia seeds!
Here are my favorite recipes!!!
VANILLA AND CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
INGREDIENTS (double for two layers, triple for three layers)
Tip: Only make one layer at a time.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into 4 stemless wine glasses.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour to set.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for next layer (you can choose how many layers you want to do!)
- Top with your favorite toppings!
If I’m feeling particularly fancy I’ll do layers (that’s only if I’m having a dinner party and want to impress people…Haha!). So I create one layer with the chocolate batch and then let them set, then I’ll make the second batch with the vanilla and add to the chocolate once they are set. Then I’ll do another layer of chocolate. Place back in fridge to set! Add as many layers as you want!
- Mix all the chia pudding ingredients together in a bowl for 1-2 minutes until everything is well incorporated.
- Cover and place in the fridge to firm up for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Top with coconut yogurt or whipped coconut cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Combine the chia seeds, coconut milk, almond milk, agave, cinnamon and mashed banana together in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up
- Plate the chia puddings into 2 cups and topped with chopped bananas and coconut chips
Enjoy friends! xx