Easy Overnight Oats
My Easy Overnight Oats!
If you are like me and are always rushing around in the morning, it’s really important to get a nutritious breakfast in. But it’s not always easy. I always make sure my kids are fed but quite often neglect myself.
The simply solution is to have things pre-made and ready to go in the fridge. Overnight oats are perfect for this. You can make a big batch once a week (which seriously takes 5 mins) and eat it on the run in the mornings.
So why are oats so good for you?
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Studies show that oats and oatmeal have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease! (source)
So it makes sense to add them to your diet right???
Here is my quick and easy ‘overnight oats’ that you can make in batches to keep you going for a week!!!
2 cups of Rolled Oats
1 cup Chia Seeds
1 cup Almond Milk
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
Vanilla essence (a drop for each cup)
Goji Berries (for sprinkling on top)
Shredded Coconut (for sprinkling on top)
- Get yourself some short tumblers and add the oats to about the half way mark.
- Top with chia seeds (divide evenly between cups).
- Add about a tbsp of maple syrup to each one.
- Add a drop of vanilla essence to each one.
- Fill up with almond milk and mix everything together and put in the fridge!
- Let it set overnight and when you are ready to eat it, add a few goji berries and a sprinkle of coconut!
Feel free to add your own toppings! Other ideas are freeze dried raspberries, nuts, fresh fruit, and dried fruit. Check out my highlight reel on Instagram under the heading ‘Breakfast’ to see these being made in action!
Also yummy as a dessert…I just had another thought…add some cacao to make it a chocolatey treat. OMG YUM!!!! I’m off to do that now!