25 Fun Hiding Places for The Elf on the Shelf
This is our first year of doing ‘The Elf on the Shelf‘. If you are looking for fun hiding places for your ‘Elf on the Shelf’, then you’ve come to the right place!
I had a quick look online to see what ideas people had in terms of hiding him and introducing him to their kids. I thought there were some incredible ideas! But I also thought, I do not have time in my life to be creating props and costumes for this little guy. Anyone with me???
So instead, I thought I’d create my own guide for those of you who are like me and just want ideas on where to hide yours with minimal effort. I’m also sick of my husband asking me every night where we should hide him. So now I can direct him to this blog post! Ha!
What are my favorite Elf on the Shelf Activities?
Keep in mind that our girls are only 4 and 2 so these hiding places are reasonably obvious…you’ll need to step it up for the older kiddies! The little extra thing I’ve added each morning to make it more fun (and educational), is leave a post it note clue on the girls’ bedroom door that the elf has left to help find him! Adjust the clues depending on your children’s ages.
I think the best part about The Elf on the Shelf are the activities that you can do. As an Early Childhood Educator, I’m all about finding fun activities that keep my girls engaged. The clues are a great daily activity that we do each morning but here are some other great activities that you can grab off Amazon…
FYI This post contains affiliate links which means I will earn some commission if you purchase any of the products from my links. The prices are the same as directly from Amazon so you aren’t paying any extra by clicking on my clinks. I use this commission to pay my babysitters (and maybe buy my chai latte!) so I can continue to bring you valuable content on a regular basis. Thanks friends xx
- An Elf’s Story DVD – this is a great story based on the Elf on the Shelf book and my girls love it!
2. Elf on The Shelf Letters to Santa– this is the cutest thing as you can get your child(ren) to write letters to Santa and then shrink them to they are easier for your Elf to carry them to Santa! Once he’s read them, your Elf will hang them as ornaments on your Christmas tree!
3. Elf on the Shelf Christmas Activity Set-stickers and coloring-these keep the girls engaged when we are in restaurants (and help us avoid bringing out the iPhone for the whole meal!)
4. 101 Things to Do with Your Christmas Elf – If you are more adventurous than me (and maybe I will be next year), then this book is a good little guide to think outside the box and avoid your kids getting suspicious as to why their Elf keeps going back to the same hiding spots each year!!!
5. Bendon Elf of The Shelf Magic Ink Coloring Book-I love these mess free drawing activities! My children are all notorious for finding pens and drawing in all the wrong places but I can rest east with these!!!
SO Where are we hiding our elf this year?
For some easy and fun hiding places for your little elf…here are 25 ideas (one for each day in December leading up to Christmas) of where to put him/her! Each photo comes with a clue that you can write on a post it note (which I leave stuck to the girls’ bedroom door each morning).
- Hi! I crash landed into your toys this morning and would love to be part of your family! Once you give me a name, I am yours!
2. I heard you girls were really good at going to the potty. I was just reading about it!
3. I like the view from up here! I can see everyone who comes in the front door!
4. I thought I’d visit Piper’s room today to see how clean it was!
5. It was so cold at the North Pole overnight. The heating wasn’t working! I need to warm up my toes!
6. This door is really tricky to open!
7. I heard mummy and daddy keep their drinks in here???
8. Please don’t accidentally cook me for dinner!
9. Whoops! I forgot to go to the potty before I left the North Pole!
10. Peek a boo! Can you see me? You have cool toys!
11. I haven’t washed for a few days…once you girls are at school I might take a bath 🙂
12. I think your daddy uses these to clean up accidents!
13. I’ve never had a shower before…how does this thing turn on???
14. I get a really good view from here to see you playing with your toys!
15. Oh! I found Mummy’s jewelry!
16. Do you like banana’s as much as me?
17. It’s a little dark in here! Where’s my coffee cup?
18.I love hats but I think this one might be too big for me!
19. Just hanging out looking at a big star! But it’s a little prickly!
20. Will you draw me a picture to take back to Santa tonight?
21. What’s your favorite tv show? I hope it’s ‘An Elf Story’!
22. Mummy makes the best smoothies in this machine!!!
23. I love coffee too! My favorite is a flat white. I drank one in Australia once when I lived with another family and it was delicious!
24. Ok OMG. This Beautycounter No. 3 Charcoal Mask has done wonders for my pores. Can I take some back for Mrs Claus?
25. It’s Christmas Eve and Santa is coming tonight! Did you know he loves beer just like daddy? Don’t forget to get one out for him!!! And the reindeer love carrots! Especially Rudolph!